The LSS is delighted to support a fantastic event at Conway Hall, London on Saturday 15 March 2014 (International Women’s Day) called “The Oppression and Resilience of Women”.
The event is organised by Central London Humanists, Conway Hall Ethical Society and the National Secular Society, and it will celebrate women’s achievements in the arts, science and politics.
These are the speakers:
- Anne Marie Waters – National Secular Society
- Sue Cox – Survivors Voice
- Baroness Cox – Life Peer & CEO of the Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust (HART)
- Baroness Flather – Life Peer & Vice Chair & long standing member of the All Party Parliamentary Humanist Group
- Pragna Patel – Director of Southall Black Sisters
- Sara Kahn – Director & Co Founder of women’s rights group Inspire
- Marianna Fox – Director of Passion for Freedom
- Ahlam Akram – Journalist and founder of BASIRA
- Kate Smurthwaite – Comedian & Activist
- Peter Whittle – Broadcaster and Founder of the New Culture Forum
- Lejla Kuric – Activist & Blogger
- Siana Bangura – Editor of feminist blog “No Fly on the Wall”
More details and place reservations here.
The LSS will have a stall at the event – do pop over and say hello!
Follow the LSS on Twitter @LawSecSoc and stay up to date with everything the LSS is up to by signing up for email alerts on this website’s home page (you can unsubscribe anytime you want)